Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a program sponsored by the IRS that offers free income tax preparation and e-filing to low/moderate income individuals. IRS-certified volunteers provide income tax return preparation and e-filing. Direct deposit is available, and all returns are reviewed for accuracy.
An appointment is required to have your return prepared. Please call (325) 653-2411 to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions about our program.
This year our VITA program will be located in our offices at 133 W. Concho Ave Suite 301, the entire back building at the Concho Suites. Walk-ins will not be seen; you must call to schedule an appointment.
The following information is required at the time of your appointment:
- Valid picture ID for filer and spouse, if applicable
- If you are filing Married Filing Jointly, BOTH filers must be present at the time of the appointment
- Social security cards (or a print out from the social security office) for each person on the return, no exceptions
- ALL W2's, 1099's, child care expenses, school tuition statements, school-related expenses, etc.
- 1095-A for each person on the return who had a Marketplace plan
- Letter 6419 2021 Total Advance Child Tax Credit Payments (see sample) - if you received Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments, you MUST bring this letter with you or we WILL NOT prepare your retun
- If available/applicable, your tax return copy for the previous year
- If you are due a refund and want direct deposit, your bank's routing number AND bank account number are needed
- Completed intake form