Housing Assistance

Tenant- Based Rental Assistance for Rural Counties
The Tenant-Based Rental Assistance program is a rental program designed to assist households with their housing expenses, while they focus on becoming self-sufficient. The program is able to assist families by providing assistance with security deposits and rental subsidies for up to 24 months. Households do not have to already be in a rental unit, so if you are looking to move, we may be able to help!

Is TBRA for you?
  • Households must be receiving income
  • Cannot be behind on rent from previous months
  • Must have earnings at or below 80% of the Area Median Family Income (AMFI) See below for how to determine that
  • Live in Coke, Concho, Crockett, Irion, Kimble, Menard, Reagan, Schleicher, Sterling, Sutton, or Tom Green (outside the city limits of San Angelo) County.  
  • Be willing to participate in a Self-Sufficiency plan
mother outside with baby

Income Limits

For our Housing Stabilization Services Program and both Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs, your income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income level, which is different for each county. To learn the income limits for your county...

  1. Click on the button below to go to the  with your county listed
  2. Select your State as Texas
  3. To the right of that, select your county
  4. It will take you to another page, find the number of people in your household on the right side of the table
  5. Look down at the 3rd row of the table that says "Low (80%) Income Limits"
  6. Confirm that your annual income is at or below that number
2024 Income Limits System
Documents can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
Concho Valley Community Action Agency
ATTN: Housing Department
133 West Concho Ave, Suite 301
San Angelo, TX 76903
[email protected]
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

Information for TBRA Program Participants5 documents

  • EPA Lead Booklet
    document seq 0.00
  • HUD Good Life Booklet
    document seq 0.00
    How to evaluate a potential home.
  • Notice of Your Rights Under the Violence Against Women Act
    document seq 0.00
  • CVCAA's TBRA Administrative Plan (Policies & Procedures)
    document seq 0.00
  • Verification of Disability
    document seq 0.00