Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a program sponsored by the IRS that offers free income tax preparation and e-filing to low to moderate income individuals. IRS-certified volunteers provide income tax return preparation and e-filing. Direct deposit is available, and all returns are reviewed for accuracy.
An appointment is required to have your return prepared. Please call (325) 653-2411 to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions about our program.
The following information is required at the time of your appointment:
- Valid picture ID for filer and spouse, if applicable
- If you are filing Married Filing Jointly BOTH filers must be present at the time of your appointment
- Social security cards (or print out from social security office) for each person on the return, no exceptions
- ALL W2's, 1099's, child care expenses, school tuition statements, school related expenses, real estate taxes, etc.
- 1095-A for each person on the return who had a Marketplace plan
- If available/applicable your tax return copy for the previous year
- If you are due a refund and want direct deposit, your bank's routing number AND bank account number are needed
- Completed intake form