Volunteer Income Tax Preparation (VITA) is a program sponsored by the IRS that offers free income tax preparation and e-filing to low to moderate income individuals. IRS-certified volunteers provide income tax return preparation and e-filing. Direct deposit is available, and all returns are reviewed for accuracy.
The VITA site is currently closed and will reopen February 2019.
If you have questions about your return or if you are still in need of tax assistance, please call (325) 653-2411.
The following information is required at the time of your appointment:
- Valid picture ID for filer and spouse, if applicable
- If you are filing Married Filing Jointly BOTH filers must be present at the time of your appointment
- Social security cards (or print out from social security office) for each person on the return, no exceptions
- ALL W2's, 1099's, child care expenses, school tuition statements, school related expenses, real estate taxes, etc.
- 1095-A for each person on the return who had a Marketplace plan
- If available/applicable your tax return copy for the previous year
- If you are due a refund and want direct deposit, your bank's routing number AND bank account number are needed
- Completed intake form